Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice – Commercial
We are looking for multiple experienced Commercial Construction Carpenters/Carpenter Apprentice’s in Pueblo, CO. We are currently seeking self-motivated, reliable, hard-working, and independent individuals who understand all phases of commercial construction. Employees would start on a project in Manzanola, CO and then be moved to job sites in Pueblo in the Spring of 2022.
Nunn Construction, Inc. is a Construction Manager/General Contractor specializing in commercial building projects that matter to our community; Municipal, Educational, Non-Profit, Healthcare, Office and Industrial Building Projects. Headquartered in Colorado Springs since 1983, Nunn Construction is a customer focused company offering comprehensive knowledge and expertise of the Colorado marketplace.
Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice Minimum Qualifications
- Must have at least 1 year of hands-on, commercial carpentry experience
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Ability to use necessary hand and power tools
- Ability to read building specifications and blueprints
- Must have reliable transportation to job site(s)
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing approximately 90 lbs., climb and work ladders, bend, stoop, and work around wood dust and fumes, in inclement weather.
- Must pass pre-employment background check & drug screen
Job Summary / Objectives
A Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice typically follows blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients. Installs structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding. Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials. Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames.
An experienced level Carpenter plans, constructs, installs, and maintains a wide variety of complicated woodwork structures and equipment. Selects materials to meet appearance and specified load requirements. Does work requiring close filings and fine finishes. Works from blueprints and rough sketches. Occasionally operates various types of woodworking equipment. May direct work of others.
Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice: $17-21 / per hour (Carpenter Apprentices must have at least 1 year of experience)
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 2 weeks per year of PTO once accrued at 1.54 hours per week, beginning at time of employment
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- Short/Long Term Disability – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- Growth Opportunities
In order to apply, interested candidates must submit an application by clicking on the link below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘your name and – Carpenter Apprentice (or ‘Carpenter’) Position.’
Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.