Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice – Commercial
Join a company who provides a positive, challenging, and inclusive work environment within the construction industry! Nunn Construction is currently seeking individuals that are self-motivated, reliable, hardworking, and independent for several Commercial Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice positions.
At Nunn Construction, we invest in our people because it creates a working environment where we get things done – and we get them done well. We are driven by integrity, hard work, safety, and trust to maintain our legacy of quality building projects that serve our community. Nunn has comprehensive career development plans for all departments, where our employees’ ambition and hard work is recognized and supported with personal and professional growth opportunities.
Nunn Construction is a Construction Manager/General Contractor specializing in commercial building projects that matter to Colorado communities including Municipal, Educational, Non-Profit/Faith-Based, Healthcare, and Commercial Office projects. Our Headquarters office is in Colorado Springs with additional offices in Pueblo and Durango, Colorado.
Carpenter / Carpenter Apprentice Minimum Qualifications
- Must have at least 1 year of hands-on, carpentry experience (concrete experience preferred)
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Ability to use necessary hand and power tools
- Must have reliable transportation to job site(s)
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry items weighing approximately 50 lbs. or move up to 90 lbs., climb and work ladders, bend, stoop, and work around wood dust and fumes, in inclement weather
- Must pass pre-employment background check & drug screen
Job Summary / Objectives
A Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice typically follows blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients. Installs structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding. Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials. Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames.
An experienced level Carpenter plans, constructs, installs, and maintains a wide variety of complicated woodwork structures and equipment. Selects materials to meet appearance and specified load requirements. Works from blueprints and rough sketches. Occasionally operates various types of woodworking equipment. May direct work of others.
- Carpenter Apprentice/Carpenter (Carpenter Apprentices must have at least 1 year of experience): $20-$26 per hour
- Plus, potential Merit Annual Bonus
Growth and Inclusion Opportunities
- Field Development Program, including Carpenter Apprenticeship Program through CITC
- Employee Recognition Incentive Plan
- Company Events such as Annual State of the Company, Job Site Lunches, Summer Picnic, Holiday Party and Team Building Opportunities
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 2 weeks per year of PTO once accrued at 1.54 hours per week, beginning at time of employment
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- Short/Long Term Disability – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- In order to apply, interested candidates must submit an application by clicking on the link below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘your name and – Carpenter/Carpenter Apprentice position.’
- Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.