Internship – Summer 2023 (Project Engineer)
Nunn Construction is always looking for talented, engaged and career-focused sophomores, juniors or seniors to join us for a summer internship at Nunn Construction. Internships are temporary, full-time paid employees, and typically filled during the fall and winter and begin promptly after the spring semester is completed. Students pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Engineering or relevant Business degree are strong encouraged to apply, but other relevant degree programs will be considered. Interns will partner with a full-time Project Engineer to complete tasks under a high-level of supervision and coaching to promote learning.
Many interns after successfully completing a summer internship are hired to work as a Project Engineer or Junior Estimator or Assistant Superintendent. Working at Nunn is more than just collecting a paycheck. Nunn has comprehensive career development plans for all departments, where our employees’ ambition and hard work will be recognized and supported with personal and professional growth opportunities. At Nunn, we also stress the importance of strong social connections amongst staff in cultivating a healthy and productive work environment. We host monthly team building activities and annual service opportunities to build a stronger team and relationships outside of work. We believe in supporting each other and our community!
Headquartered in Colorado Springs since 1983, with offices in Durango and Pueblo, Nunn Construction is a customer focused Construction Manager/General Contractor company offering comprehensive knowledge and expertise of the Colorado marketplace. We work in Municipal, Educational, Non-Profit, Healthcare, Commercial projects; focused on building projects that matter to our community.
- MUST be dependable, detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills
- Pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related Business Field
- Proficient with general office software to include Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel
- Wearing proper PPE (provided) and completing the Jobsite Specific Safety Orientation is required for working on any project site.
- Resident of the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- At least Sophomore standing or higher required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively and create relationships with project team members, trade partners, vendors and clients.
- Work with the project team to monitor crew size, self-perform hours, materials, quantity and equipment.
- Provide progress updates and reports. Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Conduct jobsite observations with project leadership.
- Working with various internal and external teams on the job site.
- Monitor and track project quality control metrics and activities on a regular basis, provide timely and accurate reports and raise issues to PM or Superintendent as appropriate.
- Participate in all aspects of the site-specific safety plan and culture.
- Support the close out of projects, including the punch list, operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings. etc.
- Learn the estimating process and procedures. Assist with take-offs, bidding proposals and coordination of estimates.
- Attend project management meetings, monthly staff meetings and participate in team building and mentoring activities.
What we look for in our Project Interns
- MUST be dependable, detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or relevant Business field. Sophomore standing or higher required.
- Full-time availability in the summer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with general office software to include Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel. Working knowledge of ProCore and Bluebeam preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, specs, contracts, proposals, estimates, and other regularly encountered items.
- Ability to work on project construction sites, with stable means of transportation.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, and work independently as well as easily take direction from others.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a Resident of the United States.
- $18-20/hr (depending on experience)
Temporary Full-time (30 hours +) Hourly Employee Benefits – Internship
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 2 weeks per year of PTO once accrued 1.54 hours per week, beginning at employment
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days Full time employment
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – eligible first of the month after 60 days Full time employment
In order to apply, interested interns must submit an application by clicking on the link below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘Your Name – Summer 2023 Internship, Project Engineer.’
Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.