Nunn Construction is seeking a motivated and detail oriented individual, who takes pride in their work product and relationships. The primary purpose of the Junior Estimator is to assist the estimating team throughout the preconstruction and bid processes. The Junior Estimator reports directly to the Estimator, Senior Estimator or Director of Estimating depending on the specific projects.
Nunn Construction is a General Contractor and Construction Manager headquartered in Colorado Springs since 1983, with an additional office in southwest Colorado. Nunn is a customer focused company offering comprehensive knowledge and expertise of the Colorado marketplace. Come be a part of a dynamic, growing company in the heart of a mountainous outdoor adventure-land. We offer rewarding challenges in a professional environment.
This position encompasses a variety of responsibilities that include:
- Be responsible for plan and specification printing/ordering
- Assist in preconstruction job file setup and management
- Assist in research of subcontractor pool for projects out of typical market
- Assist in the creation and format of subcontractor bid documents
- Perform quantity take-offs as directed by project lead estimator(s)
- Assist with field verification as directed by project lead estimator(s)
- Participate in subcontractor pre-bid meetings. Assist in the preparation of documents and meeting minutes for preconstruction meetings.
- Participate in OAC preconstruction meetings and preparation of documents and meeting minutes.
- Organize subcontractor bids received as directed by the project lead estimator(s)
- Assist in the process of receiving and reviewing subcontractor/supplier bids for complete scope
- Verify material lead times for assistance with project preconstruction schedule creation
- Assist in the creation and review of client proposal document(s)
- Participate in project handoff meetings from estimating to operations. Prepare meeting documents as directed by the project lead estimator(s)
- Update and maintain subcontractor and supplier contact information in Nunn’s bid procurement software
- Assist in data entry for Nunn’s project cost history software
- Comply with all work-related deadlines
- Conduct themselves in alignment with the Nunn Core Values.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree from an Accredited 2 or 4 year college
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to proficiently learn estimating software systems (iSqFt, PlanSwift, Timberline)
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability to manage multiple/competing priorities.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to assist in managing the entire preconstruction process.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Team focused with initiative to work individually on specific tasks
- Disciplined work ethic
- Service attitude
- Ability to consistently meeting deadlines
- Successfully contributes to the team and is eager to learn from others
- Leadership Skills: Takes ownership and accountability, Fosters teamwork, services as an example to others.
- Is a good promoter of all things Nunn Construction, both internally and externally.
If this level of challenge excites you, please apply online below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘your name and Junior Estimator Position.’
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by April 1, 2020.
Salary is dependent on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, including: health/dental insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (PTO).
Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.