Laborer – Commercial
Join a company who provides a positive, challenging, and inclusive work environment within the construction industry! Nunn Construction is currently seeking individuals that are self-motivated, reliable, hardworking, and independent for several Commercial Laborer positions.
At Nunn Construction, we invest in our people because it creates a working environment where we get things done – and we get them done well. We are driven by integrity, hard work, safety, and trust to maintain our legacy of quality building projects that serve our community. Nunn has comprehensive career development plans for all departments, where our employees’ ambition and hard work is recognized and supported with personal and professional growth opportunities.
Nunn Construction is a Construction Manager/General Contractor specializing in commercial building projects that matter to Colorado communities including Municipal, Educational, Non-Profit/Faith-Based, Healthcare, and Commercial Office projects. Our Headquarters office is in Colorado Springs with additional offices in Pueblo and Durango, Colorado.
Laborer Minimum Qualifications
- Must have previous manual labor experience, unless currently enrolled in a Construction Trades Program
- Self-motivated, reliable, hard-working, and independent
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week
- Must be able to work full time, year-round (Commercial Construction is a year-round industry)
- Must have reliable transportation to job site(s)
- Must be able to work year-round in outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must pass pre-employment background check & drug screen
Job Summary / Objectives
The construction Laborer will perform a wide range of physical labor duties in support of Carpenters and other construction workers on the job site, helping build each project to the highest quality standards. Responsible for cleaning and preparing areas for construction and will often participate in the demolition of existing structures. While adhering to OSHA safety standards and Nunn Construction’s Internal Safety Program, the Laborer will unload and load materials, prepare tools and materials for skilled workers, clean and prepare specific areas of a job site which can include digging trenches, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up rubble, debris and trash, etc.
- Laborer – $18-21 / per hour (paid weekly)
- Plus, potential Merit Annual Bonus
Growth and Inclusion Opportunities
- Field Development Program, including Carpenter Apprenticeship Program through CITC
- Employee Recognition Incentive Plan
- Company Events such as Annual State of the Company, Job Site Lunches, Summer Picnic, Holiday Party and Team Building Opportunities
Working at Nunn Construction is about more than collecting a paycheck. Taking care of our employees and creating a family-friendly work environment is something we value highly at Nunn Construction. Besides competitive pay, we provide Laborers and Craft Workers with:
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 2 weeks per year of PTO once accrued at 1.54 hours per week, beginning at time of employment.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- Short/Long Term Disability – eligible the first month after six months of employment
- In order to apply, interested candidates must submit an application by clicking on the link below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘your name and – Laborer position.’
- Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.