Assistant Project Manager
Nunn Construction is seeking a motivated individual, looking for a long-term position, who takes pride in their work product and relationships. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication skills. This person must be detail-oriented, able to follow through on short and long-term goals.
Working at Nunn is more than just collecting a paycheck. Nunn has comprehensive career development plans for all departments, where our employees’ ambition and hard work is recognized and supported with personal and professional growth opportunities. At Nunn, we also stress the importance of strong social connections amongst staff in cultivating a healthy and productive work environment. We host monthly team building activities and annual service opportunities to build a stronger team and relationships outside of work. We believe in supporting each other and our community!
In 2019, U.S News and World Report named Colorado Springs ‘Most Desirable Place to Live’ in the United States; its third year in the top 3! Come be a part of a dynamic, growing company in the heart of a mountainous outdoor adventure-land. We offer rewarding challenges in a professional environment, and the option for relocation.
This position encompasses a variety of responsibilities that include:
- Overall Project Management, including:
- Contract management including adhering to owner contract requirements; writing, creating and managing subcontractor contracts and reviewing/creating subcontractor change orders.
- CPM Schedule experience, tracking and updating. Helping facilitate pull scheduling and holding subcontractors accountable for the schedule.
- Oversight of RFI’s, procurement, submittal, and other typical operations usually performed by
- Collaborate and work in conjunction with the Project Superintendent to ensure that the Superintendent has what he needs to build the job including having subcontractors on board, materials and equipment on time, and internal resources necessary.
- Manage and oversee Project Engineers and their responsibilities.
- Developing productive, trusting, and professional Owner and Architect relationships.
- Participate in interviews to win work
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 4 years in the construction industry
- No more than 2 companies in 5 years, or 3 companies in 10 years
- Must have good references from: previous Owner & Employer
- Must be a resident of the United States
- Must have prior experience as a Project Engineer; processing RFI’s, submittals, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related field.
- Healthcare and/or educational project experience preferred
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Fosters teamwork
- Serves as an example to others
- Effective, efficient, and driven to achieve
- Under promise and over deliver
- Is a good promoter of all things Nunn Construction, both internally and externally
- Speaks clearly, effectively and in a positive fashion
- Gets point across while building consensus with parties involved.
- Relationship focused and truly caring about others.
- Good listener.
- Medical/Vision & Dental – eligible first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 3 weeks per year of PTO once accrued at 2.31 hours per week, beginning at time of employment
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2), Christmas
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan – eligible the first month after six months of employment. Company match is 100% of the first 4% of salary (and bonus). Employee deferrals and company match are 100% vested.
- Short/Long Term Disability – eligible the first month after six months of employment.
- Fiscal Year End Bonus – Normally 0-15% of annual salary dependent on profitability of company and individual performance. First year bonus will be prorated based on months of service.
- Car allowance & gas card provided
- Potential relocation allowance
If this level of challenge excites you, please apply online below. Upload your resume and cover letter – labeled with ‘your name and Assistant Project Manager Position.’ Salary Range for this position is $66k to $77k annually, depending on experience.
Nunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.