Tyson Nunn is the President of Nunn Construction. Tyson’s involvement with Nunn Construction began at a young age. When he was just nine years old he was already part of the Nunn Construction team, watching Ray and Nancy Nunn spend countless hours building the company.
As a teen, and during his college years, Tyson worked as a laborer at his father’s company. Working mostly on concrete and foundation crews, he gained experience from hours of working in many aspects of the construction industry.
Upon graduating from Colorado State University with a degree in Construction Management, Tyson worked for a large Design Build firm in southern California. After several years, he returned to Colorado and Nunn Construction and gained experience working in all departments of the company.
As President of Nunn Construction, a great deal of responsibility rests on Tyson’s shoulders as he is involved with everything from insurance and finances to operations and preconstruction to marketing proposals. He works in every facet of the construction process from procuring work through occupancy.
Tyson’s long-term involvement in the community and construction industry has shown him that developing the best team is the key ingredient to an organization’s success. He uses that focus to cultivate a growth mindset leadership style at Nunn with a mission to continually improve, educate and implement better ways of building and doing business.
In addition to his responsibilities at Nunn, Tyson is active in the Southern Colorado Association of General Contractors and a current member of the UCCS College of Business Dean’s Community Advisory Board and the Pikes Peak Hospice Foundation Board. He is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Springs Chamber and EDC and he has previously served as the Pikes Peak Community College’s Foundation Board Chairperson, volunteered with the Colorado Institute for Social Impact as a board member and has been active with the Better Business Bureau’s Finance Committee.
Tyson also has a great love for the outdoor life and his family. Tyson enjoys spending time with his wife Susan and his two children, Ava and Mason along with fly-fishing, running, mountain biking and skiing while passionately building, creating, and making a difference in his mountain home community.
- BS Building Construction Management, Colorado State University
- LEED Accredited Professional
- DBIA Coursework and Designation Exam
- Vistage Executive Leadership Group Member since 2017
- UCCS School of Business, Dean's Community Advisory Board Member
- Pikes Peak Hospice Foundation Board Member
- CLSI, Class of 2022
- Southern Colorado Association of General Contractors
- Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce & EDC, Former Board of Directors
- Colorado Institute for Social Impact – Former Board Member
- Former Pikes Peak Community College, Foundation Board Chairperson
- Better Business Bureau, Former Finance Committee Member